From linear to circular
The world economy is experiencing a turning point. Its production processes must adapt to continue to exist and the end of the linear era is approaching: extract resources - transform them - produce - consume - dispose. Environmental and social factors are pushing the current model to transform into a circle: with efficient processes that use NCRE and recycled materials, that manage their waste, that reduce and reuse. Multiple business opportunities for companies of all sizes, although SMEs play a fundamental role due to their flexibility, they open up in this new scenario, through collaborative work, synergies and transfer of good practices. Eurochile invites companies, NGOs, institutions, authorities and social actors to this conference, to learn about the advanced path in Circular Economy and how much remains to be done, with European and national experts; in addition to opening a space for connection between national and European companies that are already part of this ecosystem or that want to be.
How to participate
If you wish to participate of the Conference, you must register at 1. Circular Economy Conference.
Additionally, if you wish to participate at the Brokerage Event, you must register and complete your profile at 2. Brokerage Event.
Circular Economy Conference
Opening panel - Circular Economy: a tool to mitigate climate change and positively contribute to the economy, the society and the environment
In this session, speakers will discuss the potential of the circular economy to mitigate climate change, present the scope of the “Green Deal”, the Commission's plan to ensure the sustainable development of Europe, and the progress made in the construction of a Circular Economy Roadmap for Chile.
Welcome Addresses of Authorities
- Vicente Caruz, President of Eurochile
- Kestutis Sadauskas, Director for Circular Economy and Green Growth, DG Environment, European Commission
- Javier Naranjo, Undersecretary of the Ministry of the Environment
- Pablo Terrazas, Vicepresident of Corfo
- Sebastian Sichel, President of Banco Estado
- Ladeja Godina, Founder and Executive Director of Circular Change and Chair of the coordination group of the European Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform (ECESP) Slovenia
Panel 1 – Circularity from the perspective off different productive sectors
This session will discuss the potential that the adoption of circular production models has for different economic sectors.
- Miguel de Porras, Director of FiBL Europe, Brussels
- Daniela Acuña, Responsible for Sustainable Productive Systems, Department of Sustainability and Climate Change of the Office of Agricultural Studies and Policies, ODEPA
- Juan Carlos León, General Manager for the Technology Development Corporation (CDT) of the Chilean Chamber of Construction
- Darío Morales, Director of Studies, ACERA
- Carlos Romero, Director of SEGITTUR, Spain
Panel 2 – Enablers for the adoption of a Circular Economy
This session will examine the tools, programs, technologies, incentives and regulations that facilitate the adoption of the circular economy at the company level.
- Marieke van der Werf, Partner and Director DR2 Economy
- Jocelyn Blériot, Executive Lead - International Institutions, Governments & Cities, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Guillermo González, Head of the Circular Economy Office at the Ministry of the Environment
- Juan Pablo Basso Abas, R+D+i Coordinator with Industry, Center of Innovation UC - Anacleto Angelini
- Gloria Moya, Deputy Director Corfo RM
Closing panel – How to progress in the transition to a Circular Economy in Chile?
This session will reflect on the Chilean and European experiences and the different forms of cooperation (Chilean-European; public-private; regional; private association) that can help companies, territories and sectors in Chile to be more circular.
- Raffaele Cattaneo, Minister for Environment and Climate of Lombardy, Italy
- Luca Meini, Head of Circular Economy ENEL Holding, Italy
- Claudia Pizarro, Mayor of La Pintana
- Cristián Rojas, President of AEPA y General Manager of PTHGA
- José Aravena, Executive Director of Eurochile
Series of workshops on specific topics
Instance to meet counterparts, develop businesses opportunities and exchange ideas and knowledge, discover new technologies and networking for future collaborations.